In the event that your child will be absent from school, please call the school before 8:30 a.m. at (513) 363-3700. Also, please send a note to school upon your child’s return. Notes should contain five pieces of information:
- The date written
- The date of the absence
- Reason for absence
- Home and work/cell phone number
- Guardian signature
The student will be considered unexcused unless a written note is provided. Please note that not all absences will be coded as excused even with a note. The reason for the absence will determine excused/unexcused.
In accordance with Mt. Airy’s school policy and State of Ohio Law:
- Chronically truant means 7 consecutive unexcused absences, 10 unexcused absences in one month, and/or 15 unexcused absences in one school year.
At Mt. Airy, 3 unexcused tardies is equivalent to one unexcused absence.
Students with excessive absences will be referred to the School Social Worker. The Mt. Airy School Social Worker will make court referrals when students are habitually or chronically tardy and/or absent.
- Students should arrive to school at 7:30 a.m.
- Students in grades 2-6 will enter through the cafeteria doors by the playground.
- Students in Kindergarten and First grade will enter through the main doors and go to their classroom.
- Breakfast will be served for grades 2-6 until 7:50 a.m.
- Students who arrive to school after 7:45 a.m. will be considered late must report to security in the main hallway or the secretaries in the main office for a late slip.
- Please note Mt. Airy and the Board of Education cannot be held liable for any harm that may occur to a student who arrives before 7:30 a.m. and is not picked up by 2:30 p.m.
Pick up procedures:
- It is important that students are picked up on time daily.
- All kindergarten students should be picked up from the library.
- Students in grades 1-6 and daycare will be picked up from the cafeteria.
- Students who have a note from parents may be picked up from the flagpole by 2:20 p.m.
- Parents must pick up their children on time by 2:15 p.m.
- The proper authorities will be notified if students are not picked up on time.
Early dismissal procedures:
- When a student needs to leave school early please send a note in with the student or calls in the morning.
- In order to maintain safety of all children a photo ID will be required before signing students out of school. T
- he educational time of our students in sacred, therefore we cannot have students waiting in the office, students will be called down once you come in the office to sign them out.
- Please note that no student can be released after 1:45 p.m.
- Finally according to board policy early dismissal is subject to counting as a tardy.
Change in Dismissal
In the event that you need to change your student’s dismissal procedure for a day please send a note with the student or contact the office before 1:15 p.m. We cannot guarantee that a student can be notified if we are not informed of changes prior to 1:15 p.m.